Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What Do I Remember?

Today's class was very insightful and an overall good time. I learned a lot about my other classmates and left with a positive outlook on where this class was headed. It seems we have a lot of brilliant, and maybe strange, minds. This class really feels like its gelling together quickly, and through all of the experiences we have come through in just 2 classes.....What was the one thing I remember from this lesson? It might not seem a logical choice, but the homeless man sitting on a bench behind us is the memory I will probably most remember later down the road. As he watched our lecture it seemed strange at first, but it was amazing how easily I forgot about him once class finally started. He let us go about our business, but I could tell he was listening very closely to what we said, and at times I caught myself gauging his reaction to things as we all heard them.

In a sense, it's really interesting to think about how he might have perceived us and what an egg has to do with life and the world around us. Looking outside of the situation, it occurred to me that he might represent the majority of society whenever someone comes across as looking differently or thinking differently. They sometimes don't know how to respond and may reject them completely. I wasn't really afraid of what the people in the class thought about my project because in the end I knew they are in the same boat and won't judge a kindergarten looking art piece as long as the meaning behind it was strong. The homeless man did worry me because I was afraid that I would be coming off looking like a fool or just insane. Looking back on it this sums up my reaction when I am finished with a 3D model. I am afraid it isn't up to standard and that others won't like it or think it looks horrible. I know now that it isn't about whatever anyone else thinks, its about what I think. You hear a lot of phrases like that, but until you actually experience a situation that proves the statement, its hard to grasp the importance of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment