Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Getting Down With My Unique Self!

Over the last few days I have been trying to open my mind and step out of my everyday routine and notice the things I have in my life (that we may all have in life) that I find really unique. 

1. Why do we use colors for our traffic lights? We use the word STOP for stop signs, while also using the word red, but isn't it strange how colors dictate the way we operate in this world? In general most traffic signs will have a uniform color to show urgency or important messages to the driver. Maybe it has to do with the amount of time a driver has to look at signs while he is driving 70 mph on a highway that we have to use colors to communicate that you should either prepare to stop or slow down. 

2. In my backyard I have always been fond of the large number of birds in the huge tree we used to have. My father was tiresome of always seeing bird poop on his car, so last week we had it trimmed and pretty much cut down. I look out to see that the birds have simply just moved to the trees beside our house and wonder how sad it must have been for them to come home one day, and it was gone. I imagine if I came home from school one day and my house was just completely destroyed I couldn't simply lose everything and move next door.

3. At the gym, I workout everyday and I use a lot of the cardiovascular machines such as the elliptical, step up, and the treadmill. I have noticed on a number of occasions that other people will refuse to take the machines to the left or right of me if they don't have to. Now this is probably not due to the fact I sweat like crazy and probably smell quite bad when I work out, but its more to do with the fact, I believe, that people like their personal space. People at the gym rarely communicate with each other and I feel this is because working out has always been a private thing a person does when they want to get fit or stay in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment