Sunday, May 20, 2012

Imagining Just That!

There are many out there who might suggest that to think like a child is immature and a complete waste of time. I, on the other hand, always look back to the past to explain the present. For example, I sit on my bed as I am typing this and I am looking down at the carpet. I am 8 years old and I envision that my carpet is the ocean and that my entire room is floating in the midst of the cool sea breeze. As I lie down, I can close my eyes and feel the bed going up and down as the waves seem truly there.

Whenever I had to get up to get out of my room I would do odd things to avoid touching the water (carpet). If there were dirty clothes on my floor I'd consider that a raft and be able to jump on it to safety as I reached closer towards the door. Knowing my next jump would declare me either safe....or dead in the water. I would hang on my door and swing to the entrance of my room and falling on the other side of the carpet. However, ironic as it may sound the other side of the carpet was carpet, but it wasn't MY carpet, therefore it wasn't the ocean. Right?

Regardless, Sometimes I still play that don't touch the floor or you'll drown, some of my friends play a similar game and call it hot lava. I feel its good to find enjoyment out of the simple things in life. If I can play a game just by jumping on dirty clothes or whatever other objects to avoid hitting the ground, well then I will damn well do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment