Monday, June 4, 2012

Fear Class

Everyone's presentation were great today, and I liked that they were all different in their own way. The first Fear measure/Religious measure was very insightful and proves that a lot of things that seem to be indescribable can actually be documented, studied, and analyzed.

Fear of a child dying was a very powerful presentation. I really felt as each item hit the ground that I was feeling the exact emotion the speaker was feeling. Especially when he threw the axe down and mention the words rape and kidnapped that really made my heart tug.

The chat on fear of anxiety in general stemming from something as simple as a gas gauge on a car being on empty allowed me to realize that even a simple everyday occurrence can cause a hindrance in peoples lives. I can greatly sympathize with fears like that because I face them daily. I have so many things that bother me, one could say its ridiculousness. I have a lot of superstitions that I have to deal with on a daily basis like having to knock on wood whenever I say something that I might regret at a later date. I can never step on cracks in the pavement in fear I might cause myself great harm.

The song was also very good and almost soothing to the soul. Even though I didn't quite understand the meaning behind it, I did appreciate the effort behind sitting down and writing both a song with chords and lyrics.

The last presentation was exciting and mysterious, which I am not quite sure how to explain how I feel about it not truly knowing what it is. I look forward to hearing the explanation on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment